Sweet Potato Toast


I don't know about you, but me?  
I love toast and now....I don't eat bread, so toast is a thing of the past.  
That is until the invention of the air fryer and discovering Japanese Sweet Potatoes!  I love these sweet potatoes and this is my favorite way to eat them.  It is very simple.  First the potatoes are baked in a 400 degree oven for 90 minutes.  I buy the biggest potato I can find, they are usually about 14-16 ounces each.  After they are baked I let them cool and refrigerate them to use for the week.  For this recipe, I take a chilled potato and slice it in half or maybe into thirds and take my palm and smash it down a little.  Then they are placed in my air fryer.  If you don't have an air fryer...oh my gosh! You need to get one!  I set my air fryer at 400 degrees and cook these for 15-20 minutes.  They come out all caramelized and delicious.  I then sprinkle them with a little cinnamon and some frozen blueberries.  I enjoy this for breakfast if I am still hungry after eating my veggies or I will sometimes have it for dessert after I eat my dinner.  It is soooo good!  It takes like cake!

I hope you give this a try!
Eat well
Chelly

Comments

Popular Posts